Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ACE ?
07-30-2009, 11:57 PM
ACE ?
I was listening to the Elvis Duran morning show and he had some guy named Jason call in and they got on the subject of coaster clubs. The guy said that ACE is a bunch of fatties who break stuff... I thought it was pretty funny!!!

Anyhow, I'm not familiar with ACE and can't find much about their members online. What have they done over the years that have made so many people dislike them? I've seen many negative comments about the members on various sites. Just curious...
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2009, 11:16 AM

It's the American Coaster Enthusiast club. I'm not sure about details though.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aceonline.org/">http://www.aceonline.org/</a><!-- m -->
Find all posts by this user
04-16-2014, 01:35 AM
RE: ACE ?
ACE holds many events in the USA and other countries too. If people would research our club and come to an event, you will see that we are not fatties that break stuff. That Jason has either been kicked out of ACE, or he belongs to a coaster club that hates ACE. I was surfing the coaster clubs, and came across Theme Park Review. The site has a warning on it about Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site, if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now! When I seen that, I got turned off by that. A coaster club site shouldn't have that. I hear negative comments about ACE, but I hear them more about Theme Park Review. ACE has been going strong for years, and you will see ACE stuff in themeparks.
04-25-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: ACE ?
ACE is just like any other Coaster Club. There are going to be nice people and some not nice people. ACE has gotten a lot of grief in the past because of the "Politics" involved. They have By-laws, a Voting membership, elections for officers, code of conduct, etc and sometimes people don't like the way the club is run or think that they can do it better, so they bad mouth the organization as a whole instead of the individuals who they *really* have their grievances with. Unfortunately, you are going to have that with *any* club, especially when you have members who are very passionate about what they love (whether it's roller coasters, trains, cars, art, whatever).

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!