Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Action Theater Topic
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Official Action Theater Topic
Will Action Theater be at Kings Dominion in 2010 at all?? Do you think it will be taken out all together?

Or just sit empty during the 2010 season?? We all know spong-bob can't be in it at all if the Nick themeing is gone!

Do you think they will just play Evlira all 2010 season?? Or if we are getting a snoopy themed show?? If so why are they not advertising a new show in the Action Theater?

I have a feeling the Action Theater will sit empty next year!! Falling into the shadows!! Or will be Flat by the time we walk through the gate in the 2010 season
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM

level it. that would be a great spot for a ride like maXair or Skyhawk
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM

They will probably shut it down and find another use for the building.
- (I heard from a park employee that they dont make film for the shows anymore?)

They could use it for a haunt attraction in 2010 like what KI does with their AT.
-Maze of Madness wold be amazing in that building

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM

I wonder if there is enough room between the two theaters to make a dark 3-D ride LIKE Spiderman or Curse of Darkastle? (Just maybe a bit more family friendly...) It would be nice to have something that families can still enjoy together. Just a thought :-)

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM

KD4KT Wrote:I wonder if there is enough room between the two theaters to make a dark 3-D ride LIKE Spiderman or Curse of Darkastle? (Just maybe a bit more family friendly...) It would be nice to have something that families can still enjoy together. Just a thought :-)

Now that would be awseome, KD would be in a league of its own.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
09-28-2009, 10:25 PM

KDFAN Wrote:
KD4KT Wrote:I wonder if there is enough room between the two theaters to make a dark 3-D ride LIKE Spiderman or Curse of Darkastle? (Just maybe a bit more family friendly...) It would be nice to have something that families can still enjoy together. Just a thought :-)

Now that would be awseome, KD would be in a league of its own.

Katie, I think that's the best choice for that spot!

I Have No Homeboy.
09-29-2009, 08:26 AM

Glad you like the idea :-) Who knows... it could happen :-D

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM

KD4KT Wrote:Glad you like the idea :-) Who knows... it could happen :-D

If someone would have said last year that KD were getting a GIGA nobody would take them seriously but look what KD is getting a giga.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM

yeah i could see it sitting empty next year all year!! That is not good I feel Old VA needs more action in that part of the park....to bring more people into that section and not runing for Congo!
10-02-2009, 06:18 PM

I think a dark ride would be a good use for that spot too! But of course, they are retheming Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion for next season. They might not want to do two new-ish dark rides in the park one right after another like that.
10-02-2009, 08:39 PM

If they took the theatre building out what could they really put in it's place? Old VA. needs some sort of new thrill ride of some sort to boost the crowds in that side of the park & to compliment the water rides that are currently in that area.
10-02-2009, 08:51 PM

^ The Action Theater is officially part of International Street... I guess Old Virginia starts at the Liberty Bell? It's a smaller area than it used to be... Hypersonic shrunk it, but I don't remember right off hand if the Action Theater area was ever part of it.
10-03-2009, 10:10 AM

cygnusx1 Wrote:I think a dark ride would be a good use for that spot too! But of course, they are retheming Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion for next season. They might not want to do two new-ish dark rides in the park one right after another like that.

What KD could do is keep the former Scooby Doo one "kid friendly" and make the Action Theater one scarier and gear it towards the teenage and older crowd.
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM

^ True, but it would probably be over a 5+ year time span.
10-03-2009, 08:13 PM

As someone who has witnessed firsthand Cedar Fair's treatment towards Kings Island's transformation from Tomb Raider: The Ride to The Crypt, let me assure you: Cedar Fair doesn't do dark rides. And, if Cedar Fair DID chose to do a dark ride of such a caliber, I couldn't think they'd put it at Kings Dominion... For the same reason they didn't put the new I305 in Kings Island... It's too close to the "original." It would be silly for parks two hours away from eachother (whether you mean Kings Island & Cedar Point, or Kings Dominion & Busch Gardens) to have rides that would certainly be called "rip-offs" by the general public. But again, Cedar Fair doesn't do dark rides. The only dark rides in the chain are Kings Island's Crypt, Cedar Point's Disaster Transport, and Knott's Calico Mine Ride. 'Nuff said... Haha.