Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Action Theater Topic
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Re: Official Action Theater Topic

Looks like it's getting a new movie:

New - Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D
Dinosaurs: Giant of the Patagonia 3D

If it weren’t for a series of cataclysmic events; a comet impact being first on the list, our planet could still be the domain of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs fascinate us so much, that many people wish they were still among us. Fortunately, Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D will be the closest we get to actually being in the presence of these extraordinary creatures.

Deeply rooted in science, this new 3D film in the Action Theatre, narrated by Donald Sutherland, carries audiences back in time to witness these amazing beasts come to life. Meet the largest living animals to have ever walked the earth: the titanesque plant-eating Argentinosaur, and its nemesis the Giganotosaur, a bipedal carnivore that could easily challenge the famous T-Rex! Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia 3D combines CGI and live action featuring Dr. Rodolfo Coria, a world-renowned Argentinean paleontologist, visiting sites of major discoveries.

Duration: 20 minutes
Free with park admission

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/new-dinosaurs-giants-of-patagonia-3d">http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new ... tagonia-3d</a><!-- m -->
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 11:50 PM
This new film is amazing! I really enjoy it.

It is real 3d, and a new projector. It looks and sounds great!

show is 20 minutes. On Friday they were only showing it once and hour, but the lines were so long for it that they started showing it every half hour on Saturday and Sunday. Make sure you stop by and ask them how many shows they are doing so you know when to stop by.

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 02:53 PM
It was a good show, the 3-D was also really good, but it is not something that I want to watch a lot. It is a 20 min educational movie about dinosaurs. I would go watch Spongebob about every other visit. This one could get really boring if I did that. Again, I like it, but wish it could be more exciting. I hope the other theatre still has the moving seats so they can be used again in the future.
04-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd be willing to bet the moving seats are gone for good...

I Have No Homeboy.
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'd be willing to bet the moving seats are gone for good...

They're gone...But those seats are sooo uncomfortable.

Caution! Venetians may strike at any time.
04-12-2012, 11:31 AM
timmydoggy Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'd be willing to bet the moving seats are gone for good...

They're gone...But those seats are sooo uncomfortable.
The new seats?

I Have No Homeboy.
04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
The seats or benches are those similar to the "motionless seats" that are at the bottom. All four rows have them.

Caution! Venetians may strike at any time.
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
timmydoggy Wrote:The seats or benches are those similar to the "motionless seats" that are at the bottom. All four rows have them.
Yeah I've seen it twice. I don't think they're that bad - considering it's only a 20 min movie. I do wish the back was angled a bit.

I Have No Homeboy.