Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Action Theater Topic
10-06-2009, 11:24 AM

^ OK, well since "Cedar Fair doesn't do dark rides" (yet, they have three) and we're too close to BGE, so we can't put a dark ride like Carkastle in because it would be a "rip off", what do you think should be put there/ done with the building?

I read the thread and can definitely see that there is a lot of anger concerning KI's Tomb Raider/Crypt. It definitely sounds like CF screwed you guys over. So many things to say reguarding this, but will need to find the appropriate thread to put it in, since we would be talking about The Crypt and NOT the Action theater. :-)

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2009, 09:56 AM

I kinda think the Action Theater will be taken down and a flat ride will be in its location...maybe a frisbee...or a enterphase ride...something that will remain part of IStreet or put made part of Old VA
01-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Hey Clint or Panthers - any idea what is going on with this (Action Theater). It's been noticed that it's not on KDs website anymore.

I Have No Homeboy.
01-16-2010, 04:29 PM

I've heard that the AT won't reopen because the cannot operate Spongebob. And that the projectors in the theater are outdated.

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
01-16-2010, 05:04 PM

^ I heard that as well but wasn't sure how true it was. Also I was wondering what they will do with that space - if it's known or rumored.

I Have No Homeboy.
01-16-2010, 05:19 PM

Maybe they will do what KI did with their theater. A Haunt Maze.

01-16-2010, 07:42 PM

KDCoasterMAN Wrote:Maybe they will do what KI did with their theater. A Haunt Maze.

Yeah but I'd much rather see a ride there. Like a Max Air ..... yeaaaah....I've never actually ridden one but I love the version at the fair and that's much much smaller!

I Have No Homeboy.
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM

I rode the one at the fair. Made me nauseous. If you ride one like at cedar point, though, its a whole lotta fun. No dizzy feelings at all.
01-16-2010, 10:30 PM

I love the one at the fair (I don't get dizzy easily) but I can only imagine how great the one at Cedar Point is! That'd be my new favorite ride for sure! By the way EastCoaster - who are you in real life? I forget. Smile

I Have No Homeboy.
01-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Spong Bob 3D is now GONE from the offical Kings Dominion web site. Its very safe to say the theater will be empty this year unless they have some kind of Snoopy show to place in it?
01-17-2010, 10:18 AM

^ Which is probably a zero percent chance.

01-17-2010, 10:22 AM

KDCoasterMAN Wrote:^ Which is probably a zero percent chance.

yeah I have never hurd of any Snoopy 3D show in any other CF theme park
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM

^They're probably just gonna close it down.

Currently Banned
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2010, 04:12 PM

I think they will either just keep it closed or bring back an old show that wasn't Paramount related.
I hope if they close it, they do not leave all the Spongebob signs up and everything making it look like they are too lazy to even "officially" remove an attraction. I'm guessing a simple wall would be put up blocking it off until they bring something new there in 2011.
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM

^ that's precious space though. Right near the front of the park. I don't think they'd leave that building empty. I guess they could just use it for storage or something but that would be a GREAT space for a 2011 ride!

I Have No Homeboy.