Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Action Theater Topic
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM

I still like Patriotic Plummet and FearFall
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2010, 10:35 PM

I rather liked the Elvira "coaster". It showed the potential of the hardware WAY better than Days of Thunder -- since you were always doing one thing in that, it became obvious what was wrong with it. Plus it almost threw you off the seat. Just have to make or get more stuff that uses it... and improving video/movie quality would also be welcome... IMAX?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM

wouldn't it be cool if KD removed the Hydralic Seats and build in regular theater seat and made Action Theater into...

(Drumroll)

The IMAX Exprience.

Could have some of those IMAX shows from the science museum or maybe mvies like Avatar! It would be upcharge ofcourse.

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
01-19-2010, 07:19 AM

Anything too long doesn't fit in an amusement park which works also against upcharge (good!), especially for what is in some ways a step backwards. I said IMAX simply because the quality isn't that great even for a hydralic seats ride ... I'd also argue that Darkastle @ BG needs upgrading just as much.
01-19-2010, 01:37 PM

^ I agree. Upcharge attractions in a park that already has admission fees just tell the general public, "We want to rip you off in every way possible." From my perspective, whenever I go to Kings Dominion I usually only want to pay for my food, because I've already paid for my season pass and the gas money to drive 2+ hours each way to the park. Either have a pay one price for everything ticket, or have free admission and nickel and dime people at every ride... but most people don't like the latter.

I like motion simulators... they are a good way to still have something that feels like a ride for somebody who's afraid of heights, or for times when the weather is bad. If KD changed the movie and upgraded the screen and seats in the Action Theater, they could basically market it as a new ride.
01-19-2010, 03:41 PM

I totally agree with Cygnusx1. I just wanna pay for food, gas, and tickets, thats it.
01-19-2010, 03:43 PM

^I quit eating at the park last season, I just got tired of spending like $12 every time.

Currently Banned
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Back to the Action Theater...
I believe the building could be demolished in place of a new ride, but
I don't know how much space the building itself takes up.
01-20-2010, 10:38 PM

I don't see it going anywhere for a while. I could see KD turning it into a storage space or maybe a training room.

01-20-2010, 10:39 PM

KDCoasterMAN Wrote:I don't see it going anywhere for a while. I could see KD turning it into a storage space or maybe a training room.

As much as I'd love a ride there - that is what I see happening as well...although they would be letting a really good space die.

I Have No Homeboy.
01-21-2010, 09:34 AM

kdisdabomb Wrote:Back to the Action Theater...

Also, there is a lot of queue space for that building that I think hasn't been used in years, except maybe on the busiest days.
01-22-2010, 04:25 PM

cygnusx1 Wrote:
kdisdabomb Wrote:Back to the Action Theater...

Also, there is a lot of queue space for that building that I think hasn't been used in years, except maybe on the busiest days.

Very true Action Theater has a HUGE queue line! Back when it first opened with Days Of Thunder I remeber that queue SO PACKED with people busting to ride it!! The steps that pass over the path next to the Wood Shop we stacked with people! The steps were part of the queue too you would enter for Days Of Thunder next to the Wood Shop then walk up and over the steps back down and into the main queue line
01-22-2010, 04:38 PM

^ Oh, so that's what those steps are for! Interesting. I know my brother and his friends went crazy over Days of Thunder when it first opened.
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM

cygnusx1 Wrote:^ Oh, so that's what those steps are for! Interesting. I know my brother and his friends went crazy over Days of Thunder when it first opened.

Yeah I remember walking from the Log Flume to the Eiffel Tower and people were just standing on the steps looking down. When the line stopped you just had to wait on the steps and watch people below you walking by. They had many people in black and white shirt that looked like racing flags watching the line for cutting and horseplay on the bridge to Days Of Thunder
01-22-2010, 05:37 PM

^^^ The queue isn't real that large, It's no larger than extra queue on Drop Tower. If Action Theater goes anywhere in the iminate future, which it might but I highly doubt, the bridge will go with it. It hasn't been used in years and stands as nothing but something the park staff has to clean.