Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intimidator 305 First Rider Charity Auction
02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Intimidator 305 First Rider Charity Auction
Kings Dominion and The Dale Earnheardt Foundation have announced details on their First Rider Charity Auction for Intimidator 305.

Details from Intimidators Auction Site:

Intimidator 305
RIDE AUCTION

Are you ready to be the first to thunder along the track at over 92mph on the tallest and fastest coaster of its type on the East Coast? Intimidator™305 opens to the public on Friday April 2, 2010, and you could be the first to ride this mammoth steel Giga-coaster by participating in the Intimidator™305 First Rider Charity Auction.

Kings Dominion has partnered with the Dale Earnhardt Foundation, Make-a-Wish Foundation® of Greater Virginia, Challenge Discovery Projects Inc. (Richmond) and the USO Hampton Roads to hold the first rider auction benefitting our local communities. Starting now until the auction closes at 11:59pm on Thursday March 25, bid on your chance to win a seat on one of the first four (4) trains released on opening day.

Proceeds will go to the Dale Earnhardt Foundation, Make-a-Wish Foundation® of Greater Virginia, Challenge Discovery Projects Inc. (Richmond) and the USO of Hampton Roads.

The mission of the Dale Earnhardt Foundation is to "Continue The Legend™" and legacy of Dale Earnhardt through charitable programs and grants that sustain his life long commitment to children, education and environmental/wildlife preservation.

Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Greater Virginia grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.

Challenge Discovery Projects Inc. is a local Richmond non-profit that works to improve the quality of life and livelihood of at-risk youth and families in Greater Richmond. "Say It With Heart" is Challenge Discovery Projects' bullying prevention program that places trained professionals in several Richmond elementary and middle schools where they teach non-violent interpersonal skills to students, teachers and parents.

The USO's mission is to enhance the quality of life of the U.S Armed Forces personnel and their families worldwide and to create a cooperative relationship between U.S. Military communities and involved or supporting civilian communities.

Bidding Rules:

* All bids must be secured using a valid credit card. The card itself will not be billed until the end of the auction once the winners have been determined.
* The bidding will begin at $100.00 per seat (winning bids will receive one seat on one of Intimidator™305's first four trains during the opening day ceremony, two (2) Regular Single Day admission tickets ($113.98 value) for April 2, 2010 and one commemorative prize pack).
* Winners will receive a confirmation email from Kings Dominion on Monday, March 29, 2010 upon auction closing if they have won.
* Seats will be chosen by each winner based on the amount of the winning bid and the seating availability on the day of the event. The highest bidder will have first choice, the second highest bidder second choice and so on. Please check the "See the Bids" page to determine where you rank in the auction.

* Winners have the option to update their bid at any time, before the auction period closes, to improve their seat selection order by simply going to the "Update your Bid" page.

* Winners must be available to check-in at 9:00am on Friday, April 2, 2010 for the first ride. Those that arrive late could lose their seat choice and eligibility.
* Intimidator™305's first ride will depart at 10am.
* For corporate sponsorship bidding, please email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:John.Pagel@kingsdominion.com">John.Pagel@kingsdominion.com</a><!-- e -->

Auction Link
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM

$100 seems a little pricy to start, there goes my chance!

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
02-03-2010, 03:33 PM

KDFAN Wrote:$100 seems a little pricy to start, there goes my chance!

I fully expect the winning bids to go over $500 a seat and maybe into the thousands of dollars per seat. I probably won't be participating, since it looks like I won't get to go to the park that day anyway.
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM

cygnusx1 Wrote:
KDFAN Wrote:$100 seems a little pricy to start, there goes my chance!

I fully expect the winning bids to go over $500 a seat and maybe into the thousands of dollars per seat. I probably won't be participating, since it looks like I won't get to go to the park that day anyway.

Ditto - most of Dominators ended fairly high (if I remember correctly) and that was a "pre-owned" ride.

I Have No Homeboy.
02-03-2010, 08:18 PM

These could be expected to easily go for double what we see intimidator carowinds go for.
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM

Really good to see that the Dale Earnhardt Foundation is involved. Great Organization.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM

I've never heard of them, what exactly do they do?

Currently Banned
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Well I mean they're big in the NASCAR community. I'm pretty sure it was created after Dale died in a crash at Daytona in 2001, basically to continue the legacy. They do a lot of things for kids and stuff, and I'm pretty sure they're involved in Kyle Petty's Victory Junction Gang camps, which are camps for children with life threatening diseases and/or illnesses. Don't quote me on their involvement with that organization though. Either way, Dale's legacy lives on through the foundation, and now through the two rides as well.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Do you have to be above a certain age to bid?
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM

Well, that depends. Do you have the money to shell out for something like this? generally for anything online you need parental consent if you are not 13. Don't forget, you have to have a credit card on file with them in order to bid.
02-04-2010, 06:09 PM

seems like alot of money for a ride on a roller coaster that is free with the park as long as you wait in line

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM

^Yeah, and it's not even the first ride. They let employees/park people ride it first. I know that people rode Diamondback like three weeks before it opened to the public last year.

Currently Banned
02-04-2010, 06:23 PM

Lake Charles Guy Wrote:^Yeah, and it's not even the first ride. They let employees/park people ride it first. I know that people rode Diamondback like three weeks before it opened to the public last year.

Yeah its not really the frist ride. No park is going to say let in the public in to ride this ride first without putting employees or someone on it first. But in a way its the first PUBLIC rides of the Intimidator so.

02-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Its still a very cool thing first public rides or what ever you want to call it. Its bringing in money and its a cool idea!

02-04-2010, 08:05 PM

I would absolutely bid if I had the money!

I Have No Homeboy.